02 Feb 60th Anniversary
Austin Brockenbrough & Associates is proud to be celebrating its 60th Anniversary this year. The firm was started in 1955 by Mr. Austin Brockenbrough, Jr. and James E. Watlington, Jr. with a focus on civil and infrastructure projects. Projects in the early years included Chesterfield County’s first reservoir and water treatment plant on Falling Creek, a wastewater treatment plant for Ferrum College and sewer systems for the City of Richmond. Urban Renewal projects including Mosby Court, Creighton Court, 17th Street and the Fulton Area. The firm continued to prosper and grow during the second generation of ownership with James A. Whitt, Alexander B. Sadler, Jr., Gerald E. Kilgore and Gerald W. Augst as partners. The projects and services expanded during this period to include interstate highways, rest area utility systems, community colleges sites and projects for the military. Now in its third generation of ownership, the firm continues to focus on providing the “highest possible ethics and standards of service” to its valued clients. With Bruce K. Sadler, Carolyn B. Langelotti, W. Vincent Benedetti and Craig H. Matthews as the current partners, the firm is now a full service engineering and architecture firm serving a broad spectrum of clients and project types for federal, state, municipal, and private organizations. Our primary market sectors now include Buildings, Civil/Site Development, Petroleum/Fuels, Survey/SUE, Transportation and Water/Wastewater/Utilities.